Thursday, March 22, 2012

BRILLIANT MISTAKE/alexander wang cecilia bootie







When I think of the name Cecilia, I think of one of my all-time favorite movies, The Virgin Suicides. With that reference in mind, the idea of posing next to a tree seems brilliant, right? While I would love to say that the direction of this shoot was premeditated, I find that I cannot lie to my readers....this shoot was nothing more than a brilliant mistake that lead to a "happy accident". On this particular day, we found ourselves pressed for time and so we pulled over at the Auraria campus to snap a few quick shots.

Why am I discussing Cecilia anyway? Well the name of this particular shoe style is Cecilia and I make it a point to know all of my shoes by their name. I mean after all, we do live together.

Anyone that knows me at all knows about my addiction to Wang. Yes, I know, I may have a problem, but in my mind, the dude can do no wrong. I think that Alexander Wang is to the fashion world, what David Chang is to the food world...they both take things that we know and revive them with a breath of excitement. Cummerbund meets boxing short?! Cummerbund meets track pant?! And tuxedo pant meets spats?! Are you kidding me?! This is pattern making at its best! Plus zippers and fur meet sunglasses! You almost find yourself thinking, "Why didn't I think of that?" But the fact remains, you didn't and he did; therefore, Alexander Wang comes out as the genius.

Dollhouse Vacancy loves you, Alexander Wang!


t by alexander wang playsuit

topshop jacket

alexander wang cecilia bootie

inretrospect bracelet

vintage snake belt worn as necklace

fendi mini chef bag

ray-ban
wayfarer


No comments:

Post a Comment