Sunday, February 10, 2013

MINNESOTA TREASURES/raccoon tail hat






I have been more inspired by softer/feminine things lately.  I find myself reminiscing about Andy Walsh in Pretty in Pink, Thedy Sue Hill in The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and the recent New York fashion show by Candela.  I've also been dreaming of hair bows, vintage camisoles and everything pink.  This is not an unusual thing for me, but I wonder what has sparked my softer side's re-emergence.  Where is it all coming from?  My recent trips around town?  It does seem that every store I visit these days has been doused in the pink and red hues of Valentine's Day...maybe a craving for romantic style clothing was triggered?  Or could it be spring fever?  Perhaps I am just lusting over a season where anything and everything feminine just seems to feel right and all things pastel take over the world.  

Nevertheless, I found it necessary to pull out some of my favorite vintage camisoles.  I am wearing a vintage cami with a necklace that my mom made out of old jewelry.  I love this necklace!  It just cracks me up because I know that someone purchased this "Minnesota" charm (which was an earring) on a special vacation.  You can just tell that someone fell victim to one of the tourist shops next to some major attraction...and all of a sudden, it became absolutely necessary to own some "Minnesota" heart earrings.  I love dreaming up the different scenarios that could have taken place, which is why I had to make this necklace my own.  


vintage camisole

raccoon tail hat

necklace made by my mom out of old jewelry


No comments:

Post a Comment